WELCOME!!

We are so glad you are here! We love making and sharing our projects, and we are excited to have you visiting our site. Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!

Jackie and Michelle

Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Recycled Envelope Mini Notebook

I have seen lots of people recycling security envelopes in a lot of different ways.  I was feeling punky (I have a cold) and I wanted a quick little project to keep my brain occupied a bit, and here is what I decided to do with the hundreds of envelopes I have saved.
 I used a manilla file folder for the cover of the book, and a simple pamphlet binding technique.  I used some stickers and actual pieces of envelopes for the decoration on the cover and on the inside. In all the notebook is 8" tall and 4 1/2" wide.
 I used another piece of the folder to create a pocket.  I simply took security envelopes, sealed them, then cut three sides off to open them up.
 I stacked them, I used 10 envelopes, and did the pamphlet binding.  I then went back and covered up some of the writing on some of the envelopes with pieces of other envelopes.
 Some of the windows I covered from the back side so that they would show through.
I am putting this in my purse and am going to use it to jot down those notes you need to jot before your brain forgets them.

Stay crafty, My Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to make a notebook with envelopes. I have a lot of them too. Think I'll do one. Thanks, Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete